RENTAL RULES & REGULATIONS
For the purpose of this Vacation Rental Agreement (“Agreement”), the following definitions will apply: “Agent” refers to Luana Hawaii Realty; “Owner” refers to the legal owner of the Property; “Guest” refers to the person or persons occupying the Property; and “Property” refers to the real property, its contents and related amenities rented to the Guest pursuant to this Agreement.
Guest agrees that there is to be no smoking in the unit, on any lanais, or the property during occupancy. Guest will be responsible for any damage to the property caused by cigarettes and/or cigarette smoke.
BOOKING DEPOSIT/PAYMENT POLICY
- You may reserve any of our rentals online, by phone, fax, or in person. There is a non-refundable reservation fee of 5% for room charge each time you make a new reservation.
- A 30% Booking Deposit of the total Rent, Tax, Reservation fee, and Cleaning cost is required to confirm the reservation. The balance is due 45 days before arrival.
- Any reservations made within 45 days of arrival are due in full to confirm the reservation.
- Payment may be made via credit card or by check/cashier’s check made payable to Luana Hawaii Realty and sent to 2222 Kalakaua Ave suite#707, Honolulu, HI 96815. No personal checks are accepted within 45 days of arrival.
Guest shall inform Agent in writing of Guest’s intention to cancel the reservation.
For reservations made through 3rd parties (VRBO, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, etc.), additional cancellation policies may apply.
The cancellation policy is as follows for reservations made directly through the Luana Hawaii Vacation Rental Website:
- If Cancellation notice is received more than forty-five days (45+) before the check-in date, a cancellation fee equal to 10% of the total Rent & Tax Amount & Reservation Fee will be forfeited and the balance will be refunded within 7 days from receipt of written cancellation.
- If Cancellation notice is received less than forty-five days (0-44) prior to the check-in date, the full booking amount of rent and taxes will be forfeited. Any pre-collected cleaning fees will be refunded within 7 days from receipt of written cancellation. In the event that Rent and Taxes have not been collected, the booking deposit shall be forfeited.
- Owner/Agent Cancellation Policy: In the unlikely event that the Property becomes unavailable for any part of the tenancy for reasons beyond the control of the Agent, the Owner and/or Agent may cancel this Agreement. However, Agent will assist in procuring similar alternative accommodation should this situation arise. Guest agrees that any claims against Owner/Agent arising out of performance or non-performance under this agreement shall be limited to a full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Guest.
We strictly abide by our cancellation policy and travel cancellation because of concern or restrictions regarding coronavirus will not alternate this policy as the pandemic has been ongoing since March 2020 and it is considered as a foreseen event.
- EXTENSION: The length of your stay may be extended subject to availability; however, a new Rental Agreement must be signed and additional rental charges, taxes, and cleaning fees collected before the extension start date to confirm the extension.
- REDUCTION: All reductions in your length of stay must be submitted in writing more than 45 days before arrival, and are subject to a minimum stay. Adjustments in the nightly rental rate may apply by reducing the total number of nights rented. Reductions in your length of stay made 0-45 days before arrival will not result in a refund or reduction of rent and taxes.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: To offer you the best services possible, we strictly adhere to our cancellation policy. We recommend that you obtain travel insurance to help protect your vacation investment.
- ACCIDENTAL RENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE: Luana Hawaii Realty also recommends that you purchase Accidental Rental Damage insurance which will cover you from accidental damages to the Property and its contents. The program can cover minor unintentional and accidental damage. It will NOT cover intentional damage or gross negligence.
Please note that the cleaning policy depends on the property you stay in.
- ALA MOANA HOTEL,
LANIKEA AT WAIKIKI,
MARINE SURF WAIKIKI,
ONE ALA MOANA,
ROYAL GARDEN and
WATER MARK GUESTS:
While linens and bath towels are included in the room, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not provide clean towels/bed linen daily. We do provide basic toiletries as part of a starting kit including toilet paper, tissue, bar soap, shampoo, conditioner. We do not provide other personal toiletries. Additional cleaning services are available at an additional rate. Each room reservation is subject to a move-out cleaning fee.
- PARKLANE ALA MOANA GUESTS: While linens and bath towels are included in the room, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not provide clean towels/bed linen daily. We do provide basic toiletries as part of a starting kit including paper towels, toilet paper, tissue, bar soap, shampoo, conditioner. We do not provide other personal toiletries. Additional cleaning services are available at an additional rate. Each room reservation is subject to a move-out cleaning fee.
- INDOOR BBQ GRILL CLEANING FEES: If the guests use an indoor BBQ grill, we charge special fees of $150.00 (or more. It depends) to clean it. We deduct this fee from the deposit with other damage fees(if needed) when the guests check out.
Mail services are NOT included. We, condominium AOAO and security do not have a key for the mailbox. Even the package delivered by the delivery carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.), we are not able to receive the delivery items and we assume no responsibility for the delivered items that you order.
Please note that the parking policy depends on the property you stay in.
- ALA MOANA HOTEL,
ILIKAI HOTEL and
ROYAL GARDEN GUESTS: Parking is NOT included in the rental rate. Guest may pay for parking through the hotel front desk. Parking is sorely provided by the hotel and is not under our operation.
- ILIKAI MARINA GUESTS: Parking is NOT included in the rental rate. Guest may pay for parking in the parking garage. Parking is sorely provided by the hotel and is not under our operation.
- DISCOVERY BAY,
LANIKEA AT WAIKIKI,
MARINE SURF WAIKIKI,
ONE ALA MOANA,
PARKLANE ALA MOANA and
WATER MARK GUESTS: One parking is included in the rental rate.
- Guest will be responsible for paying for any additional charges they incur during their stays such as outgoing phones calls and pay-per-view movies. If a credit card is not provided by guests at check-in, service may be limited.
- Following additional fees may be charged to your credit card if and when it applies:
•Lock out assistance --- $50 for each occurrence
•Door lock change or re-keying --- Actual Cost plus $100 Penalty
•Restoration fee to rearrange moved furniture --- $50
•Soiled or misused linens --- FROM $10 for each linen
•Violations of the No Smoking Policy --- $500 for removing odor plus actual costs if anything needs to be replaced due to tar, ashes, or burns.
ANTS, ROACHES, AND OTHER INSECTS
Please understand that our ideal tropical climate is also ideal for ants and roaches and other insects. You may encounter these pests during your stay. An encounter with those insects in and around your rental property shall not be a reason for the termination of your rental agreement. We shall not compensate you or refund you, if and when your cancel your reservation based on this matter.
The Property is for the sole use as a personal vacation residence for families and responsible adults. Occupancy is restricted to the number of people listed on the Rental Agreement. Guest acknowledges that they will personally occupy the Property for the entire length of stay and will not sublet. The tenant shall not use the Property for any illegal or unlawful purpose, nor shall the Property be used in a fashion that disturbs or offends the neighbors.
DAMAGES TO PROPERTY
Charges to the credit card held on file may be made for the following reasons: to repair or replace any damaged or missing items, to pay any amounts due, to pay for additional cleaning should the property be left in excessively poor condition, and to remedy any damages made by smoking and/or candles.
RIGHT TO ENTER
If necessary, the Owner or Agent or their designated vendors may enter the property to inspect or make necessary or requested repairs. Owner or Agent will give Guest at least 24 hours minimum notice before entering the property and will only enter during reasonable hours except in the case of emergency. Regular vendors to the property including, pool, yard, and cleaning services shall be allowed to enter at normally scheduled times.
Guest agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Owner and Agent from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs, and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage, or injury to Guest and guests or their personal property. The owner and agent are not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced items. Guest is also aware of the inherent risks to person and property while occupying residences near the ocean or that have pool/Jacuzzi features.
Any and all claims, controversies, or disputes arising out of or relating to this contract/agreement, or the breach thereof, which remain unresolved after direct negotiations between the parties, shall first be submitted to confidential Mediation in accordance with the Rules, Procedures, and Protocols for Mediation of Disputes of Dispute Prevention & Resolution, Inc., then in effect. If any issues, claims or disputes remain unresolved after mediation concludes, the parties agree to submit any such issues to binding arbitration before one arbitrator in accordance with the Rules, Procedures, and Protocols for Arbitration of Disputes of Dispute Prevention & Resolution, Inc., then in effect. The parties further agree that the award of the arbitrator is binding upon the parties and that judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii. All disputes or claims pertaining to the Agreement shall be adjudicated in the State of Hawaii, County of Honolulu.
I/we agree to all the above rental rules and regulations.
By submitting a reservation(s) electronically, you agree to our Vacation Rental rules and regulations and will be the same as signing.